The 2022-2023 CHBA season Checking Clinic will take place at Cole Harbour Place September 29-30, 2022. The clinic involves an off-ice session with an on-ice training session. Clinic Facilitator will be U15AA Head Coach Marcel Deveau. Players are expected to bring hockey gear. Proof of completion is recorded in your Hockey Canada Registration profile. If your player does not complete a checking clinic they are ineligible to take part in Tryouts.
- (Off-ice) Thursday September 29 - 6:00 - 8:00 @ CHP Legarde Hall Session.
- (On-Ice) Friday September 30 - 7:30 - 9:30 @ Scotia 2
- NEW DATE - Thursday September 29 8:30-10:30 @ Scotia 2
REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE
- This is a one time clinic, you do not need to retake the course if you certified last season, played at a checking level or already certified through our 2022 spring offering with MD 360.
- At a family's discretion, if your player certified last season and did not play at a checking level you are welcome to register for the course again.
- If you can not make the date offered by CHBA Minor Hockey it is your responsibility to seek out offerings through other Minor Hockey Associations. Check their websites for dates. You will not be permitted to attend tryouts until proof of completion can be obtained.
- Goalies do not need to take the course.
HNS Regulation 2.24- Body checking will be permitted in certain levels starting with the U15 Division. It will be the responsibility of each MHA to ensure all U15 Rep players and coaches have completed the HNS Checking Program. Effective 2014-15 season, all players entering U15 and U18 checking levels of hockey for the first time must have completed the Approved 2014 HNS Checking Clinic or attend an HNS Development Approved Checking Clinic. U15 B and C, U18 B and C levels will be non-checking.