Registration Link 2023-2024
Hockey Canada has upgraded their registry to HCR 3.0 which will require some initial set-up.
Registration will open August 1st and close September 1st to players wishing to tryout. If you miss those registration dates you risk eligibility for tryouts or participation in the upcoming hockey season.
Competitive Tryouts: Players trying out for competitive teams will be required to pay the tryout fee and any outstanding fees for previous seasons before receiving their tryout jersey and going on the ice for tryouts.
U15 Major, U18 Major, and High School: Players trying out for U15 Major, U18 Major, or High School are encouraged to register with their home hockey association. If the player is successful in making one of these teams, please contact email@example.com to have their registration removed; if unsuccessful, payment is required to proceed. Players trying out for other teams but also participating in CHBAMHA conditioning camp and/or CHBAMHA tryouts will be required to pay these fees prior to commencement of CHBAMHA activities.
U24 League: U24 registration will open at a later date, most likely early September.
Please visit www.chbawings.org for additional information on registration, boundaries, programs, tryout and evaluation process, team and family resources, and more.
NEW COLE HARBOUR WINGS MEMBERS
Welcome to the Cole Harbour Wings! New families can register online using the same link above. “New members” include:
• First time hockey players in all age divisions
• First year U7 players
• Transferred players
New members will also be required to provide the following documentation:
• Proof of residence (e.g.drivers’ licence, lease or purchase agreement)
• Parent Declaration Form
If you never played hockey before, you’ll need to create an account with Hockey Canada/Hockey Nova Scotia, once you click on the registration link above.
If you have played hockey before, do not create a new “User Account” once on the Hockey Canada site. If you have previously registered a child online, you must use that same account for each subsequent year. The User Account is strictly for your use; it is password protected and available only with your proper login (email address) once it is set up. We use e-mail addresses as user names to log on, but the addresses don’t have to be active. Log on just as you did last year, and then select My Account at the top right to change to your new e-mail address.Hockey Canada matches player to birthdate, you would need to falsify a birthdate to set up a new account, so please do not proceed, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If you set up a second account with false information, your child will end up with two hockey ID’s which will require merging.
Female Central Hockey/Metro East Inferno
Any female hockey player located within the Cole Harbour boundaries that is interested in playing for an all-female team must register through Metro East Inferno. Any questions regarding the registration process may be directed to Registrar, Casha Cruickahank.
Registration opens August 1, 2023
· Registration for the Regular Season must be completed by the September 1st deadline so that ice times can be planned appropriately.
· If a player is not registered by the September 1st deadline, there is no guarantee they can participate in the competitive tryout process. Try out jerseys’ will not be handed out to any player whose registration is not paid in full on or before the September 1st deadline.
·Payment is due in full upon registration with the option of paying in two installments. The first installment is due at time of registration and final installment is due no later than September 1st.
§ No Pay - No Play
§ If registration has not been paid in full before the first ice time, the player will not be permitted on the ice for insurance purposes.
The HCR 3.0 System automatically blocks Registration with outstanding balances a "Member Not in Good Standing". The block is removed when payment is received in full. If this happens, please email email@example.com.
50/50 credits will show up when registering your player after August 1, 2023.
2023-2024 REGISTRATION FEES
*Rep level tryout fees can be selected during registration.
· Cheques are payable to Cole Harbour Minor Hockey Association, Include player(s)’ names on the cheque for accurate processing.Cheques can be dropped off in the CHBAMHA mailbox located in the Cole Harbour Place lobby between Scotia 1 & 2.
· Installment cheques will need to be post dated for August 1th and September 1th for the full balance of your registration invoice in two equal payments.
· Any cheque returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $25 admin fee upon rebilling.
· EMT’s can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
· Please make the password hockey and ensure you note your player(s)’ name in the memo field.
· Installment payments are two equal payments on August 1st and September 1st.
MASTER CARD OR VISA
· Upon check-out from HCR 3.0.
· Installment payments can be set up in HCR 3.0
· HCR will send out reminders of your installment payments due date.
MULTI-PLAYER FAMILY DISCOUNT
CHMHA offers a $150 discount to families who have 3 or more players within the same household. Please contact the registrar.
This discount does not extend across hockey associations (i.e., a family who registers two players in CHBAMHA and one in Metro East Inferno would NOT qualify for this discount). If a refund is requested which reduces the number of family members registered to less than three, the refund will be adjusted to reflect the removal of the discount.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to email@example.com. We ask that you remain patient during the busy time of registration for a response. Once conditioning camps start, the camp fee is non-refundable. Once tryouts start, the tryout fee is non-refundable. The checking clinic will not be refundable unless notification is received within five days of the clinic that your player took a course elsewhere. Any refund applied to a credit card will be charge a $25 administration fee.
No portion of registration fees will be refunded after December 31, 2023. Before that date, if your child stops playing hockey, your refund will be prorated based on the time already played. Should your child stop playing due to an injury, an injury report must be submitted before a refund will be considered.
Note that even a prorated refund will not apply to the entire amount, as there are certain expenses the association had paid upfront such as HNS insurance, therefore cannot be returned.